ASTNA members enjoy the following journal:
Air Medical Journal is published bi-monthly and focuses on research and scientific reports, industry news, how-to articles, health care reform, reimbursement, safety and operations. www.airmedicaljournal.com
ASTNA Patient Transport, 5th Edition - Principles and Practice
Approx. 656 pages
Trim size 8 1/2 X 10 7/8 in
Whether you're caring for patients on the ground or in the air, Patient Transport: Principles & Practice, 5th Edition is an essential tool for your success in transport nursing. Developed by ASTNA, this trusted, one-of-a-kind resource has been extensively revised to keep you up-to-date with the latest technological advances, and help you meet the ever-changing needs of this critical nursing field. Comprehensive overviews familiarize you with the most common conditions and injuries encountered in practice, accompanied by important management considerations to help you ensure the most effective communication and the safest patient care in all transport settings. In addition, expanded content on bariatrics are featured throughout the book, along with 350 online questions and answers mapped to the BCEN/CFRN® exam.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Extensive revisions throughout text includes detailed objectives for every chapter, expanded content on bariatrics, and updates to chapters including Scene Operations and Safety, Neurologic Trauma, Patient Safety, and Shock.
- NEW! Real-life scenarios with updated technology demonstrate how to apply concepts to scenarios similar to those you'll encounter in practice.
- NEW! Focus on interprofessional and collaborative nature of transport, emphasizes the importance of teamwork in ensuring successful patient outcomes.
- NEW! Evolve site with 350 questions and answers mapped to the BCEN/CFRN® provide additional online preparation.
- Expanded coverage of injuries commonly encountered in flight and ground nursing includes pathophysiology, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation discussions.
- Information based on the latest updates from the Federal Aviation Association and the National Transportation Safety Board alerts you to important safety regulations.
- Meets the needs of all healthcare providers dedicated to expert care delivery in transport, including paramedics, physicians, respiratory therapists, pilots, mechanics and communication specialist.
Detailed coverage of management issues includes scene management, communication, safety, disaster management/triage, quality management, and marketing/public relations.
Click HERE to purchase or you can purchase through the ASTNA store.
**CFRN/CTRN Study Guide